The next time you log into Halo: The Master Chief
Collection, you will be prompted to download the latest content update.
This particular content update focuses specifically on matchmaking.
Please note that while this update will improve team balance issues, we
do not expect it to fully resolve uneven teams. Our next content
update, targeted for early next week, will address team balance.
While today’s update contains several high-priority improvements, we
continue to work on additional content updates that will address further
items. Below, you’ll find a summary of the updates that are included in
- Made a change to allow for matches to start once minimum player counts are met, allowing for faster matching times.
- Made an update to resolve issues that caused false matches to be
created, which resulted in a variety of matchmaking issues, including
slow matchmaking and bad session starts.
- Streamlined the process for maintaining party continuity through the matchmaking process.
- Made an update to the high-level matchmaking flow that will reset
lobbies after each match. Moving forward, players and party leaders need
to press "B" after the post-game-carnage report, and select a playlist
for their next match. This flow is consistent with previous Halo titles.
- Improved user experience through removal of non-actionable error
messages. This will allow for a more seamless matchmaking flow with less
interruption and confusion.
- Improved the post-game experience to fix an issue that could result
in a player getting sent to another player’s lobby, rather than
returning to the matchmaking screen.
We have additional updates on the way in an effort to further improve
your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. We thank you
for your continued feedback, patience, and support.